Opendoor’s Agent Access program gives agents more ways to get rewarded.
Opendoor is a great tool in an agent's tool belt. Being a fiduciary means using every tool to meet your client's needs. Sometimes that means going on the open market. Sometimes that means selling to an investor like Opendoor to take advantage of a fast closing to be non-contingent, to minimize people walking through the home of someone who's immuno-compromised, or to creatively satisfy another obstacle.
How it Works
The Agent Access program was created to provide ways for you to earn additional compensation when working with Opendoor, whether helping sellers or buyers with their next real estate transactions.
The program offers two types of compensation opportunities:
- Eligible compensation for every seller transaction: Earn 1% on eligible representation or referral transactions, on top of any seller paid commission
- Refer a seller to be eligible for 1% referral fee if there wasn’t a previous Opendoor referral or offer request
- Represent your client to earn 1% on every closed deal, except on MLS listed homes and agent owned homes
- Loyalty points that can earn compensation: Earn points for each seller and buyer closed transaction to unlock exciting rewards
Each qualifying transaction can earn 1% and receive 100 loyalty points:
For a transaction to earn 1%:
For a transaction to qualify for loyalty points:
Why did Opendoor Brokerage create this program?
We heard from agents that they wanted new ways to grow and invest in their business.
How do I join the program?
- Just request or submit an offer at opendoor.com/agents with an Opendoor account and your MLS ID - you’re automatically enrolled.
- Brokerages with unique partner agreements or alternative fee arrangements with Opendoor are excluded from participating in the program. Please reach out to your brokerage for additional information.
How do I earn points?
- For a transaction to qualify for points, request or submit an offer and include your email address and MLS ID, have a license in good standing, and represent or refer a seller or buyer who closes on a transaction with Opendoor.
- Each qualifying transaction is worth 100 points.
- Some additional terms to be aware of are:
- Program offered where permitted by law.
- Opendoor Brokerage Agents are excluded.
- Brokerages with an alternative fee arrangement with Opendoor are excluded.
- Agents working on behalf of, or providing agency for, an institutional Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) are excluded.
- We may modify or discontinue rewards at any time.
- Points are accrued on a 12 month basis and refresh each April 1.
- Points for a transaction are accrued when escrow is closed on an eligible transaction.
How do I qualify for the 1% on seller transactions?
- You must have an active license in good standing
- You need to represent a client or refer a seller in their home sale to Opendoor
- Refer a seller who hasn’t requested or received an offer from Opendoor in the last 180 days
- Represent your client in their sale to Opendoor, except on MLS listed homes and agent owned homes
- The transaction must close - payments will be made at closing
How do I check my points balance and redeem rewards?
To check points:
- After the Opendoor transaction goes under contract, you will receive an email outlining your compensation and point total
- The Opendoor generated instructions will include both your compensation and point total
To redeem rewards:
- Points will be awarded upon close of escrow
- Points for a closed transaction are credited toward the 12 month program time period
- Opendoor generates the instructions that is sent to the title company and compensation will be listed on the settlement statement
- Agent will be paid at closing by title company
For questions reach out directly to an Opendoor expert or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does this work with your agent partner program?
This is separate from our Agent Partner Program. Agent Access is focused on helping agents whose clients sell to Opendoor or purchase an Opendoor home.
How long are my points good for?
Agent Access points reset after a 12 month period (April 1 - March 31 each year). Your points and tier status will not roll-over from the previous 12 month period.
What is Brokerage Access?
Launching 2022, the Brokerage Access program provides additional offerings and benefits for Brokerages that partner with Opendoor. Reach out to email@example.com for more information.
Want to learn more or need firstname.lastname@example.org
*3% promotion only available in the markets of San Antonio, TX, Denver, CO, Columbia, SC, Charlotte, NC, Columbus, OH, Houston, TX, Albuquerque, NM, Tucson, AZ, Tampa, FL, and Riverside, CA on eligible Opendoor purchase contracts signed between October 9, 2023 and December 31, 2023. All other terms of the Agent Access program apply.
Refer a seller to be eligible for a referral fee if there wasn’t a previous Opendoor referral or offer request in the last 180 days. Represent a seller to be eligible to earn a commission, except on MLS listed homes and agent owned homes. All other terms of the Agent Access program apply. Opendoor reserves the right to change or end the Agent Access program or any promotion at any time.
Eligible transactions will be paid 1% upon close when you represent your seller, or refer a client.
Brokerages with an alternative fee arrangement with Opendoor may be excluded. Agents working on behalf of, or providing agency for, an institutional Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) are excluded. Opendoor Brokerage Agents are excluded. Terms apply.
Opendoor’s Agent Access program and all advertising and marketing associated is provided by Opendoor Labs Inc.
All payments are paid through the Opendoor Brokerages.
Licensed real estate services are provided by the Opendoor Brokerages. Learn more. Eligibility and offer price may vary.