Los Angeles is known as the ‘City of Dreams,’ and we’re thrilled to announce Angelenos have a new way to make their home ownership dreams come true. Starting today, Opendoor is making the home buying and selling process significantly simpler, more convenient, and hassle-free for people who call Los Angeles home.
Navigating a move is a monumental life moment for anyone, whether it’s a single professional looking for their first condo, a family looking to grow into a larger home, or a retiree looking to downsize. And the traditional process of buying and selling a home is riddled with stress and uncertainty—particularly in a competitive housing market like LA. We’re proud to help people avoid these pain points and empower them to move on to their next chapter with ease.
Home shoppers can now use Opendoor to browse, tour, and buy any home listed on the market—from a condo downtown to a bungalow in Huntington Beach or a starter home in West Covina. And homeowners who are looking to sell their existing home can get a competitive, all-cash offer from Opendoor. We can even line up the sale and purchase in one seamless transaction. Here’s how Opendoor works.
Buying from Opendoor
Opendoor’s buyer service makes home shopping hassle-free and on-demand. With Opendoor, buyers can:
- Browse, self-tour, and buy any listed home: For MLS-listed homes, a tour assistant will meet the prospective buyer to let them into the home, allowing them to browse without any pressure. Opendoor-owned and listed homes can be unlocked using the Opendoor mobile app between 6am and 9pm, seven days a week, no appointment necessary. We currently have dozens of homes available across the Los Angeles area.
- Buy for less: Opendoor customers will receive up to 1% back when they buy with Opendoor or 1.25% off when they buy and sell with Opendoor. Customers can save whether they buy an Opendoor home direct or any home with an Opendoor partner agent.
- Enjoy a 90-day buyback guarantee: Opendoor guarantees buyers will love the experience and purchase the home of their dreams at the best price, or we will buy qualifying homes back within 90 days.
Selling to Opendoor
Sellers can skip the hassle of listing their home, scheduling showings, and enduring the months of uncertainty that come with waiting for an offer to close —with just a few steps online. With Opendoor, sellers can:
- Request a free, no-obligation offer: Homeowners across Los Angeles can go to Opendoor.com and quickly determine their eligibility by entering their home address. We currently purchase homes between $200,000 and $800,000 that were built after 1950 in Los Angeles, Orange, and portions of Ventura counties. Additional buying criteria information can be found on the Opendoor website. If eligible, sellers fill out a short questionnaire about their home’s attributes and any upgrades they’ve made.
- Get a competitive cash offer within 24 hours: After completing the questionnaire about their home, Opendoor will provide a competitive, all-cash offer within 24 hours. Sellers can skip the hassle of staging, keeping a home ‘show ready’ at all times, accommodating open houses and showings, or the potential of an offer falling through.
- Move on your own timeline: Upon accepting the offer, sellers can determine their own closing timeline between 14 and 60 days so that it perfectly aligns with their next move—minimizing the possibility of double mortgages or double moving costs. If any repairs are needed to bring a home up to market-standard conditions, Opendoor will request a credit and make them on the seller’s behalf.
Every day we’re reminded that the convenience, certainty and control that Opendoor provides is valuable to buyers and sellers nationwide, including major metro areas like Los Angeles. We’re grateful to our team on-the-ground who has helped make our expansion into Los Angeles a success.
To learn more about touring MLS homes and Opendoor homes, visit buywith.opendoor.com.