Congratulations! You’ve found a home you love and want to put in an offer. There are several ways to buy with Opendoor, depending on what type of home you’re buying:
If you’re buying an Opendoor-owned home
If you’re purchasing the home without an agent, you can make an offer to purchase it through the app, on the website, or via email to email@example.com. Our team will review the offer and respond right away, typically within 24-48 hours (market dependent). Once we’ve received your offer, a dedicated Opendoor representative will guide you through every step of the process.
If you’re purchasing the home with your own agent, have them submit the offer on your behalf. Please note, that due to the nature of real estate transactions, Opendoor must direct all communications regarding the sale to your agent. If you would like to receive any updates on the sale, you’ll need to contact your agent.
If you’re buying any home on the market with an Opendoor partner agent (only available in select cities)
Making an offer
So, you’ve found a home you like! The first step is to create an offer through our app or on our website.
What happens next
- We will start the process of matching you with an Opendoor partner agent, who has experience in your market, to provide you with industry-leading service.
- Once your agent has been assigned, you and your agent will receive an email confirmation with a quick introduction. Please note, you also have the option to switch your agent at anytime.
- Your agent will review your offer and reach out to you to answer any questions you have about the property and/or the offer process. They can also offer advice on offer price & terms.
- Once you and your agent are satisfied with your offer, you’ll be able to sign digitally.
- Next, your agent will submit your offer to the seller’s agent.
- Depending on how soon the offer due date is and the number of offers the seller receives, you might not receive a decision on your offer immediately. Not to worry, your agent will remain in contact with you (to provide any updates) as well as the seller’s agent (to advocate for your offer).
What if my offer is accepted?
First of all, congrats! If your offer is accepted, your Opendoor partner agent will be in touch to let you know and discuss next steps. If you’re still interested in purchasing the property, your agent will draft the purchase agreement (based on the terms of your offer). Once both parties sign the agreement, you’ll officially be in escrow. Your agent will assist you through that process and (hopefully) to a successful close on your home.
What if my offer isn’t accepted?
While not ideal, offer rejections are an unfortunate part of the process. If your offer is rejected, your agent will let you know as soon as possible. Your agent will also gather any available feedback from the seller’s agent that could be helpful when creating future offers.