Combine buying and selling.
Now in select markets, you can buy any home on the market and sell your home to Opendoor — all in one experience
Request an offer on your home
Find the OneDownload our app to browse homes
Avoid double moves, double mortgages
We will align your close dates, so you move just once. If you buy and sell with us, you’ll save 1.25% (that's $3,750 back on a $300,000 home).
Don’t let selling get in the way of your dream home.
Trade in with Opendoor:
We’ll coordinate your purchase and sale, so you can move just once. Plus, trade-in customers will get a 3-day complimentary late checkout.
Competitive Cash Offer
Your all-cash offer comes with no financing fall-through risk, so you can focus on buying your next home.
Our trade-in program allows us to work more efficiently to help you save. If you trade-in, you’ll save 1.25%.
You’ll have a top local agent or Opendoor Home Advisor to advise you on your purchase and a dedicated team to coordinate your purchase with your sale.
I value my time and sanity, and we thought Opendoor’s offer was very fair. We would not have gotten into our new house if it hadn’t been for Opendoor.
Traded in to Opendoor - Frisco, TX
What are the steps to combine buying and selling my home?
We make it easy for you to sell your current house and purchase your dream home in one effortless experience.
Here’s how it works:
1. After you request an offer, we’ll send you a competitive offer on your current house in 24 hours and connect you with your dedicated team at Opendoor who will work with you to coordinate your sale and purchase.
2. Once you know how much you can afford, it’s time to find your dream home! Visit Opendoor-owned homes and unlock them from 6am to 9pm daily with the Opendoor app. In select markets, you can even schedule free, on-demand private tours with an Opendoor Partner Agent for any home—not just Opendoor homes.
3. Once you’ve found your next home, you can line up your Opendoor sale close date with the date you’ll buy your new home, and skip the double-moves, double-mortgages, and storage units. When you buy and sell with Opendoor, you’ll get 1.25% back ($3,750 back on a $300,000 home) and a three-day complimentary Late Checkout to give you extra time to move your belongings into your new home.
To learn more, email email@example.com.
What are the benefits of a trade-in?
An Opendoor Trade-in allows you to eliminate all the hassle that comes with buying and selling the traditional way.
When it comes to selling, it means you don’t have to worry about the stressful home showings, exhausting prep work, and months of uncertainty. When it comes to buying, it means you can buy any home on the market with our app. Tour homes on your schedule, find the perfect one, and easily make an offer with on-demand agent support when you need it.
The best part is that you’ll have a dedicated team helping you throughout the process. They’ll help you coordinate your closing dates so you don’t have to move twice or pay two mortgages. You’ll also get a three-day complimentary Late Checkout to give you extra time to move your belongings into your new home.
How can I save and get 1.25% back?
Buy with Opendoor service areas only.
You’ll receive 1.25% of your home sale back when: (1) you sell your home directly to Opendoor, (2) you use an Opendoor Experience Partner to purchase an Opendoor Home or an Opendoor Partner Agent to purchase any home on the market in Atlanta, Dallas-Fort Worth, Phoenix, Raleigh-Durham, Los Angeles and Riverside, and (3) the purchase and sale take place within a month of each other.
Specifically, you’ll receive up to 1% of the price of your new home back at your purchase closing in the form of credit from the seller (if buying an Opendoor home directly) or a commission refund (if you’re using an Opendoor Partner Agent). Learn more about the commission refund and the Opendoor Brokerages here.
You’ll also get 0.25% of the price of your old home back at your sale closing, increasing your net proceeds. If an amount equal to 1.25% of your home sale is not met by the credits above you’ll receive an additional credit at your sale closing to cover the difference.
To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org or speak with your Experience Partner.
Can I sell my home to you and buy another if they’re in different states?
You can still trade in your home when you sell your home to Opendoor and purchase an Opendoor home, provided it is in one of our current markets, however the trade-in credit may vary by market. You can see the markets we operate in here.
To learn more, email email@example.com or speak with your Home Advisor.
What’s the best way to start the trade-in process?
Great question! We recommend starting the process by requesting a free, no-obligation offer for your current home. Your Opendoor offer will help you get an idea of how much you’ll make from your sale, which you can use to determine what you can afford on your next purchase. Whenever you’re ready, you can start shopping for your next home through our app.
I heard you have a trade-in program with home builders. How does that work?
Selling to Opendoor is the fastest way to your dream home. We work with home builders across the country to provide customers with a smooth transition to their new home.
Here’s how it works:
1. Visit opendoor.com/builder and tell us a bit about your current home, and we’ll make a competitive cash offer to purchase it.
2. If you like the offer, you can sell to Opendoor to skip the stressful home showings and exhausting prep work.
3. Last, we’ll help you sync up your close dates so you can skip the double-moves, double-mortgages and storage units. You’ll even get a complimentary two-day late checkout so that you can have a smooth transition between homes.
Read more about how we can provide you with a fluid transition to your new home at opendoor.com/builder.
How much time do I have to move my stuff from my old house to the new?
The trade in program comes with a complimentary three-day Late Checkout, which means you can stay in your home for up to three days after you close on the sale. This gives you the flexibility to move your belongings to your new home and get settled. We won’t charge you for these additional days, but we do ask for a $2000 security deposit in case of damages.