Trade in your home.
Buy any home on the market, and sell your home to Opendoor - all in one experience.
Request an offer on your home
Find the OneBrowse for homes →
Avoid double moves, double mortgages
We will align your close dates, so you move just once.
Don’t let selling get in the way of your dream home.
Trade in with Opendoor:
We’ll combine your Opendoor purchase and sale into one experience, so you can close on the date of your choice. Move just once with 3-day Late checkout.
Competitive Cash Offer
Your all-cash offer comes with no financing fall-through risk, so you can focus on buying your next home
Get up to a 50% commission refund when you buy*, plus $1,000 back at close when you trade-in.
You’ll have a top local agent to advise you on your purchase and a dedicated team to coordinate your purchase with your sale.
I value my time and sanity, and we thought Opendoor’s offer was very fair. We would not have gotten into our new house if it hadn’t been for Opendoor.
Traded in to Opendoor - Frisco, TX
What are the benefits of trading in with Opendoor?
When you decide to trade in with Opendoor, you eliminate all the hassle that comes with buying and selling the traditional way.
When it comes to selling, it means you don’t have to worry about the stressful home showings, exhausting prep work, and months of uncertainty. When it comes to buying, it means you can tour Opendoor homes on your schedule, find the perfect one, and easily make an offer with on-demand support when you need it. Plus, you’ll get $1,000 back at close for trading in.
The best part is that Opendoor will help you coordinate your closing dates so you don’t have to move twice or pay two mortgages. You’ll also get a three-day complimentary Late Checkout to give you extra time to move your belongings into your new home.
What are my buying options with Opendoor?
We want to simplify every step of your move, which is why we offer 3 options to buy your next home with Opendoor.
1. Buy directly with Opendoor. Browse homes through the Opendoor app and work directly with a dedicated Opendoor advisor from offer to close. Plus, as a direct buyer, you’ll get a $1,000 back at close.
2. Get introduced to a top local agent. Work directly with a top agent who can help you buy any home, Opendoor or not. Rely on their local expertise to find the right home, help negotiate your offer, and guide you at every step.
Now in Dallas-Fort Worth, we can help you purchase any home on the market with our new partner, Open Listings.
3. Buy with your own agent. If you already have an agent and are interested in an Opendoor home, Opendoor will work directly with them on your purchase.
When buying and selling with us, you can sell your home directly to Opendoor and we’ll line up your close dates so you have one seamless move. Plus, you’ll get an additional $1,000 back when trading in--that’s $2,000 back at close when you buy and sell on your own and directly with Opendoor.
What’s the best way to start the trade-in process?
We recommend starting the process by requesting a free, no-obligation offer for your current home. Your Opendoor offer will help you get an idea of how much you’ll make from your sale, which you can use to determine what you can afford on your next purchase. Whenever you’re ready, you can start shopping for your next home through the Opendoor app or Open Listings, if you are in Dallas-Fort Worth.
What is Open Listings?
In Dallas-Fort Worth, we can now help you purchase any home on the market with our new affiliate company, Open Listings. Open Listings is an all-in-one digital service that makes home buying simple and affordable.
Some perks of working with Open Listings:
- Browse all homes on the market, filter for homes in your price range and tour homes on demand through their app
- When you’re ready to make an offer, you’ll be introduced to a local Open Listings agent who will support you as little or as much as you need in the process
- Get up to a 50% commission refund at close--Open Listings clients in Dallas-Fort Worth save an average of $5,600 at close.*
Plus you can sell your home directly to Opendoor and we’ll line up your close dates so you have one seamless move. For a limited time, you’ll also receive a $1,000 trade-in credit at close when you buy and sell with us.
*Refunds vary by sale price, market and are subject to a minimum commission. Refund Terms & Conditions. Avg. refund last updated 8/21/2018
I heard you have a trade-in program with home builders. How does that work?
Selling to Opendoor is the fastest way to your dream home. We work with home builders across the country to provide customers with a smooth transition to their new home.
Here’s how it works:
1. Visit opendoor.com/builder and tell us a bit about your current home, and we’ll make a competitive cash offer to purchase it.
2. If you like the offer, you can sell to Opendoor to skip the stressful home showings and exhausting prep work.
3. Last, we’ll help you sync up your close dates so you can skip the double-moves, double-mortgages and storage units. You’ll even get a complimentary two-day late checkout so that you can have a smooth transition between homes.
Read more about how we can provide you with a fluid transition to your new home at opendoor.com/builder.
How much time do I have to move my stuff from my old house to the new?
The trade in program comes with a complimentary three-day Late Checkout, which means you can stay in your home for up to three days after you close on the sale. This gives you the flexibility to move your belongings to your new home and get settled. We won’t charge you for these additional days, but we do ask for a $2000 security deposit in case of damages.
Can I sell my home to you and buy another if they’re in different states?
Absolutely! You can buy an Opendoor home in any other market and sell us your current home, provided it is in one of our current markets. You can see the markets we operate in here.