For Opendoor customer, Randi Bellassai, it was essential to find a home that could fit her family, her dogs and most importantly, her aging parents. However, moving into a new home was entirely dependent on selling her and her parent’s existing homes. What could’ve been a very complicated process, turned out to be a simple solution. They sold both homes directly to Opendoor, lining up closing dates and moving into their new home in one seamless experience.
While life has certainly changed a lot in a year, our mission remains as true as ever: empowering everyone with the freedom to move. It’s why we started Opendoor, and we’ve been eager to bring Opendoor to even more people, like Randi, and their families across America.
With Opendoor, the home buying and selling process will be made simpler and on-demand for the residents of multiple new areas of our markets in Utah, Minneapolis, Florida and California, including Provo and Ogden, UT; Rochester, MN; Lakeland, Winter Haven, Sarasota, Deltona, and Ormond Beach, FL; and Oxnard, Thousand Oaks, and Ventura, CA.
With Opendoor, sellers in these new areas can:
- Request a free, no-obligation offer: Homeowners can go to Opendoor.com and determine their eligibility by entering their home address. If eligible, sellers answer a few questions about their home’s attributes and any upgrades they’ve made.
- Get a competitive, cash offer: Once the questions about the home are answered, and the home receives a virtual assessment, Opendoor can provide a competitive, all-cash offer to buy the home. Sellers can skip the stress and hassle of showing their home and the potential of financing falling through.
- Move on your own timeline: Upon accepting the offer, sellers can determine a timeline that works best for them and aligns with their next move.
We’re excited to take this next step toward our goal of bringing speed, certainty and convenience to buyers and sellers nationwide. In addition to giving people a new way to sell their homes, we’re also giving buyers a new way to buy and finance the home of their dreams. Over the past few months, our buying service and Opendoor Home Loans have been ramping up in additional markets.
Homebuyers in Tucson, AZ; Charlotte, NC; Houston, TX; San Antonio, TX and Austin, TX, are now able to use Opendoor to tour and buy any home on the market, not just Opendoor homes. We’ve built a buying experience that bypasses the traditional hassle and uncertainty of the process to help buyers house hunt with ease and make the most competitive offer, safely and conveniently.
With this service, homebuyers can:
- Tour homes on-demand, in-person and virtually: Homebuyers can schedule tours for any home on the market, both in-person and virtual, at their preferred time. And using the Opendoor app, they have the option for a self-tour of Opendoor-owned homes. If they are in front of a house and the time slot is available, they can immediately unlock and access the home.
- Get on-demand expert support any time: Access on-demand support from a team of licensed experts 7 days a week right from the app. Opendoor’s local partner agents have deep knowledge of the areas they serve and always have their clients’ best interest in mind.
- Unlock more buying power: We make buyers more competitive in today’s hot markets by enabling them to make a strong, all-cash offer and providing them with a 1% refund that they can use to increase their offer.
With Opendoor Home Loans, we’re helping consumers in more cities navigate the complex world of mortgages, interest rates and fees. We’ve expanded financing options to eight states, including Arizona, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas, Colorado and Tennessee. Additionally, with mortgage rates hitting all-time lows this year, we launched a refinancing product and have incorporated FHA and VA loans into our offerings.
With all of these new expansions, we’re extending our mission to more places around the country and couldn’t be more excited to share what we have in store for the new year. More to come!
Tom Willerer is the Chief Product Officer at Opendoor.
Learn more about the Opendoor Brokerages.
Affiliation Disclosure: Please be advised that Opendoor Brokerage LLC, Opendoor Brokerage Inc., and Opendoor Home Loans LLC are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Opendoor. Because of these relationships, transactions with these entities may provide Opendoor a financial or other benefit. You are NOT required to transact with any of these entities as a condition of working with Opendoor. THERE ARE FREQUENTLY OTHER PROVIDERS AVAILABLE WITH SIMILAR SERVICES. YOU ARE FREE TO SHOP AROUND TO DETERMINE THAT YOU ARE RECEIVING THE BEST SERVICES AND THE BEST RATES FOR THESE SERVICES.